This website is intended to provide you with general information only. This information is not a substitute for advice from your Specialist Plastic Surgeon and does not contain all the known facts about this procedure.
Arm lift surgery, otherwise known as brachioplasty, is a procedure that reshapes the upper arms by reducing excess skin, and in some cases fat, resulting in smoother skin and better-proportioned contours of the upper arms. An arm lift is designed to tighten the skin and improve the contour of the upper arms. The procedure tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm whilst reducing localised pockets of fat.
Am I a good candidate for arm lift?
After losing a significant amount of weight and embarking on a program of vigorous exercise, you may find that you still have loose, hanging underarm skin that resembles bat wings. Although you can improve your upper-arm appearance with exercise, this redundant underarm skin remains a problem that does not improve with exercise.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider an upper arm lift:
- You have lost the weight you desire, but are left with redundant underarm skin.
- You are an adult with significant upper arm skin laxity due to aging.
- Your weight is relatively stable and you are not significantly overweight.
- You are a healthy individual with no medical conditions that could impair healing or increase surgery risks.
- You are a nonsmoker, or have stopped smoking.
Overnight stay at the clinic is reqired 2 nights, which is already included in the price of your cosmetic surgery package.
Minimum stay in Budapest after the surgery is 10 days (2 days at the clinic and the rest at your accommodation). Plastic surgeon use classic stitches which will be remove free of charge in max 9 days after the surgery.
Upper Arm Lift