This website is intended to provide you with general information only. This information is not a substitute for advice from your Specialist Plastic Surgeon and does not contain all the known facts about this procedure.
Male breast reduction is a procedure in which the breast is re-sculpted to create a flatter and more contoured breast. Depending on the degree of reduction needed and the anatomy of the breast, the specific procedure used will be determined by your plastic surgeon.
If excess fat is the cause of the breast enlargement, liposuction can be used to reduce the breast size, whereas if excess glandular tissue is the cause, then a combination of liposuction and skin excision might be used.
The goal of gynecomastia surgery is to restore a normal male breast contour and to correct deformities of the breast, nipple or areola. Surgical options include liposuction, excision (surgical removal of tissue) or a combination of both approaches. Glandular breast tissue is denser than fatty tissue and is not appropriate for liposuction.
Small incisions for liposuction treatment are placed in hard to see areas on and around the chest.
If surgical excision is required, the incision is commonly made under the areola. Both types of Male Breast Reduction surgeries take 60–90 minutes, are performed in a general anaesthetic.
Am I a good candidate for gynecomastia treatment?
Gynecomastia is usually not caused by any serious medical problems; in fact, its cause is rarely identified. However, because there are some medical problems that do cause gynecomastia, your first step is to see your family doctor to rule this out.
The following are some common reasons why you may want to consider gynecomastia treatment:
- You are unhappy with the size or appearance of your breasts.
- You experience physical discomfort because of your breasts.
- You have good skin elasticity. Successful gynecomastia surgery involves adequate skin contraction after your excess skin is surgically removed. Your skin may lack the necessary elasticity for good contraction if you are age fifty or older, have significant sun damage, have breasts with a lot of stretch marks or have undergone gastric bypass surgery.
- You have first tried diet and exercise to reduce your breast size.
- You are not significantly overweight. Although surgery will help this patient population, the results will not be as good. For this reason, you should try to get within thirty to forty pounds of your ideal body weight before surgery.
- You do not use marijuana, steroids or drink alcoholic beverages excessively (it is theorized that these substances may cause gynecomastia).
Overnight stay at the clinic is required 1 nights, which is already included in the price of your cosmetic surgery package.
Minimum stay in Budapest is 4 days after surgery (1 nights at the clinic and the rest at your accommodation). You will probably return to work within seven to ten days after surgery. Avoid strenuous activities for the first two to three weeks to ensure optimal healing.
After 2 weeks, the patient can return to everyday activities, avoiding strong physical efforts.
Price for Gynecomastia surgery – Male chest reduction
Breast Reduction from*
**Prices are fixed only after we have received all medical information from you and on your personal consultation with the surgeon when you are here in Budapest
Care for You Hungary is locally based in Budapest, Hungary and we can be contacted directly to answer any of your questions regarding our services.